This position is responsible for carrying out certain landscape related functions safely and efficiently and supporting the crew foreman to deliver a quality job on time.
· Two years of professional landscape maintenance experience.
· Valid Virginia Drivers License with clean driving record
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English
· Has a general knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices
· Is dependable; consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
· Leads by example and holds self accountable
· Has the interpersonal skills necessary to solve conflict while keeping emotions under control
· Has the aptitude to identify and act on opportunities to help and support work efforts of the team
· Can operate and maintain all equipment used for landscape maintenance
· Can meet the physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Has full range of mobility in upper and lower body
Able to reach overhead
Able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting for extended periods of time
Able to lift, pull and push material and equipment to complete assigned task
Be able to lift 50 pounds frequently throughout the day
Be able to walk on uneven terrain for extended periods of time
Physical Exposure Includes (but is not limited to) working outside in various weather conditions that may be hot, cold, wet or turbulent, Working with and near moving mechanical parts;
PRIMARY/ ROUTINE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements
· Comply with equipment preventative maintenance program and take care of equipment
· Carry out landscape functions on the job site that have been assigned to the best of your ability
· Ask questions if not sure of any specific function or assignment
· Use all tools and equipment in accordance with company safety policy
· Actively support the company safety program
· Keep job site, vehicles, trailers, warehouses and offices clean, organized and safe
· Inform Crew Foreman or Supervisor of any problems on the job site
· Inform Crew Foreman or Supervisor of an accident or loss
· Assist when needed
· Maintain a positive, responsive and flexible attitude