This position is responsible for directly leading and supervising your crew while on the job sites and ensuring that crews work safely and efficiently while delivering quality jobs on time. This position is responsible for assigning and directing crewmen of their task for each site and ensuring crewmen deliver on quality.
· Two years of professional landscape maintenance experience.
· Valid Virginia Drivers License with clean driving record
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English
· Has a general knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices
· Ability to train others and exercise leadership skills
· Is dependable; consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
· Leads by example, holding self and team accountable
· Has the interpersonal skills necessary to solve conflict while keeping emotions under control
· Direct a team in a manner that uses time efficiently
· Has the aptitude to identify and act on opportunities to help and support work efforts of the team
· Can operate and maintain all equipment used for landscape maintenance
· Can effectively use a smart pad for time entries, scheduling and general communication with management team
· Can meet the physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Has full range of mobility in upper and lower body
Able to reach overhead
Able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting for extended periods of time
Able to lift, pull and push material and equipment to complete assigned task
Be able to lift 50 pounds frequently throughout the day
Be able to walk on uneven terrain for extended periods of time
Physical Exposure Includes (but is not limited to) working outside in various weather conditions that may be hot, cold, wet or turbulent, Working with and near moving mechanical parts;
PRIMARY/ ROUTINE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
· Ensures contractual obligations are fulfilled in a manner that is in line with proper horticultural practices
· Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements, including crewmen discipline and documentation
· Complies with equipment preventative maintenance program.
· Ensures that crews have tools and materials needed to perform the job.
· Follows-up on tasks; completes a thorough walk through prior to leaving jobsite
· Trains crewmen on equipment, safety, efficiency and quality.
· Ensures that all crewmen follow company policies and procedures
· Takes appropriate disciplinary action with crew members when necessary
· Provides positive and constructive feedback regarding the work and efforts of crewmen
· Effectively evaluates the performance of the crew, participates in and/or performs reviews of crewmen
· Maintains positive, responsive and flexible attitude to all clients and crewmen
· Inspects each job site while on site to ensure quality and identify areas of improvement
· Identifies way to improve work processes, efficiency and quality
· Communicate respectfully with clients and crewmen
· Responds properly to the client’s requests; follows up to make sure their needs have been met
· Keeps manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site
· Actively supports the company safety program
· Reports all losses and/or accidents to management
· Properly fills out daily time sheets for crewmen and self
· Maintains safe working conditions on job site at all times
· Provides alternative solutions to problems and is able to troubleshoot while on the job site
· Thinks ahead, has pro-active plan and assists in the re-scheduling due to weather delays
· Works with management team to schedule weekly services
· Assumes responsibility, authority and accountability for all activities